There are so many wedding superstitions out there, but which are the most popular? Do you believe in superstitions? As a bride it can be fun and cute to follow some of these superstitions or incorporate them into your wedding. I think it’s time we bring some of these superstitions into the light.
1. The bride should have something new, borrowed, old, and blue.
2. To bring good luck, save the ribbons from the shower gifts to create a bouquet that should be use during your rehearsal.
3. If you tear any of the ribbons when you are opening gifts that is the number of kids you will have.
4. If you see a rainbow on your wedding day it is a good omen.
5. The first gift the bride opens should be the first used in her marital home.
6. The groom should not see the bride until she walks down the aisle.
7. As newlyweds, groom should carry the bride across the threshold. If the bride were to stumble entering their home, it is a bad omen.
8. There should be ten cans tied to the back of the newlyweds car to scare off bad spirits as they drive away.
9. It is bad luck for the bride to practice walking down the aisle for her rehearsal. Typically you ask a friend to do it for you.
10. The bride’s veil is used to hide her from evil spirits.
11. The girl that catches the bouquet is next to be married.
Remember, even if you don’t believe in these things, they can be fun for you and your groom to follow. Some of these would even make cute wedding pictures.